L-cysteine is one of the 3 amino acids which create glutathione from the liver. It is important in the function of helping to strengthen the structure of proteins within the body such as skin, hair, and nails. L-cysteine stimulates the production of glutathione in the body by being absorbed into the body and used in the production of glutathione, making anti-oxidation reaction that can help brighten and radiate the skin. Also, it helps remove toxins from the body by transforming insoluble toxins such as heavy metals, volatile substances, and pesticides into better soluble substances and easier to be remove from the body. Moreover, it helps protect the brain and liver from the damage of alcohol, drugs, and smoking.
Benefits of L-cysteine :
- White, clear, smooth skin : It helps inhibit the activity of Tysinase enzyme not be converted to Dopaquinone which decrease the production of melanin pigments, thus brighter skin. It can reduce the accumulation of dark spots that occur with age, causing melasma, freckles, and dark spots to fade. Also, it helps slow down the body's aging reaction and fight against the deterioration of skin cells which help in smoothing and radiant skin.
- Healthy Skin, Hair and Nails : It is an amino acid that helps strengthen the structure of the protein keratin used for healthy skin, hair, and nails. It helps strengthen hair roots and prevent hair loss. Also, it helps restore elasticity to the skin resulting in smooth and radiant skin.
- Antioxidant : Enhance the production of glutathione which is very important to the body. It helps in the creation of antioxidant enzymes, helping to repair genetic material that could alter cancer. Also, it helps eliminate free radicals in the body and stimulates the immune system of the body.
- Help protect the liver : It helps the liver from being destroyed by the toxic of alcohol, cigarettes, and overdose of paracetamol. It can effectively prevent the liver from copper toxicity. Cysteine blocks and protects our bodies from accumulated heavy metals contaminating in food or from long-time medicine intake.
- Detoxification : Our bodies can change the amino acid cysteine when needed. It is classified as a single amino acid in the metabolic process and contains a lot of sulfur. When cysteine is metabolized, it becomes sulfuric acid which will react with other substances in helping dispose toxins from various systems in the body and effectively prevent symptoms from copper toxicity. Cysteine helps to remove toxins from the body by converting insoluble toxins such as heavy metals, volatile substances, pesticides, and some drugs to be more soluble and easier to dispose from the body.
- Immune enhancer : Cysteine helps protect cells throughout the body including tissues and organs by stimulating the immune system in the body and the production of many enzymes. In result, helping the body to increase immune system against polluted environment including bacteria and viruses. Also, it helps build and repair DNA and create proteins and prostaglandins.