Pine Bark Extract is a substance extracted from the bark of the French Maritime pine. The trade name is known as “Pycnogenol®”, which was discovered since 1947. From research and reports, pine bark extract is rich with variety of biology effects because it has many beneficial compounds. The most interesting compound is Oligomeric Proanthocyanidin Complexes - OPCs (OPCs), a super-antioxidant that is 20 times more effective than vitamin C and 50 times more effective than vitamin E. It can also enhance the effects of vitamins C and E, which are responsible for preventing and reducing the destruction of cells from free radicals that occur in the body all the time.
The advantage of OPCs is that they are very resistant to heat and very soluble in water. It can be effective in the body for a long time and does not cause toxicity to the body. It is recognized for its high efficiency all over the world because it has been published in academic journals and has undergone numerous clinical trials. In addition, it has been confirmed to safety of consumption with experiments on the effects and certified quality with scientific supporting data from the US Food and Drug Administration that it is safe to consume continuously.
From various research, it was found that pine bark extract is effective for the skin. With the efficacy of OPCs found in pine bark extract, it acts to fight free radicals which is the main cause of skin cell destruction. Also, it helps creating new skin cells and solve skin health problems effectively, thus it was entitled "A food supplement for skin care" as follows :
Benefits of pine bark extract for skin and skin health :
- Reducing blemishes, freckles, and dark spots
- Whitening and radiant skin
- Reducing rough skin
- Enhancing vitamin C to work more efficiently
- Increasing collagen and elastin in the skin
- Reducing premature aging, filling in wrinkles, smoothing and tight skin
- Antioxidant, preventing the deterioration of skin cells
- Protecting against sunlight and UV rays
- Protecting the inflammation of the skin damaged by sunlight.
- Preventing skin allergy and red rashes
- Reducing the risk of skin cancer